Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 03-19-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Critiquing Poker Tracker Stats

I wanted some experienced players that are familiar with Poker Tracker to critique my stats. I am relatively new to the program, although I am aware of quote unquote good stats for TAG LAG etc., and have seen stats from solid online players. I am a profitable player at the .25/.50 and .50/1 levels, and these stats are through 2,055 hands, as I just bought the program last week. Although I a pretty experienced and profitable player, I am always looking to improve. I have been concentrating on playing more aggressively in position lately, as well as reraising more preflop, particularly in position. Thanks for your imput, and here are my stats:

31.19% Vol Put $ Pot
15.28% PF Raise
PF AF: .92
FLOP AF: 1.83
TURN AF: 1.51
RIVER AF: 2.32
TOTAL AF: 1.19
Old 03-19-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Critiquing Poker Tracker Stats

play less hands preflop, u wanna get that down to around 20/15. a flow on affect from that is that ur flop AF will rise coz ull b cbetting more, so ur AF should rise to 3 or so
Old 03-19-2007, 03:42 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

try and get your VPIP and PFR closer together and try to get your flop and turn AF up around 4 or 5
Old 03-19-2007, 03:43 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know these stats are from shorthanded play. Also, the Total Aggression Factor takes into account the Preflop AF. Total AF not taking Preflop AF into account is 1.80 I believe. That should help.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:46 PM

Aggression factors don't come even remotely close to converging after 2,000 hands so all you're really showing there is your VP$IP. As you know, your VP$IP is somewhat higher than average but everything is so dependent on table conditions and your opponent's that it's also hard to say much about that. Make sure you value position and aren't doing things like open limping J9s in EP.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:02 PM

Make sure the aggression factor you posted does not include preflop aggression. I really can't tell if it is included or not your total AF you posted.

Your VPIP really should be cut down to 22 or lower. This is just my experience, but the guys that bother me the most are guys that play around 22/17/3. One way to help without know exactly where you are playing too many hands is by most likely folding in the SB. I'm just guessing you're one of the guys who always plays his SB hand.

Basically I have found there are very few times when you should actually limp in.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:06 PM

2k hands is nothing, although your VPIP and PFR are probably somewhat representative of your true game. If so, you limp too much.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:08 PM

perfect, keep playing! sn?
Old 03-19-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
perfect, keep playing! sn?

[/ QUOTE ]

On Party, my SN is GrunchCan. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2007, 04:21 PM

You don't especially have to play 20-22 VPIP to beat the game, but it makes it easier without good reading abilities (and its damn hard to read the donks since they hardly know what they have) when you're usually playing "better" hands than your opponents.

Personally I play somewhere between 20/15 and 35/25 depending on the table, but I don't recommend the latter unless you're comfortable throwing around buyins for image value against people who are paying attention and will sit with you for a while.