Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 03-17-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Switching from Online to B&M...When should I stop and reavaluate?

You can go ahead & raise many other hands PF like TT-QQ as well, and a lot of times 88-99 depending on where you are at the table position-wise and how the table is playing etc. Several other hands you can raise PF as well but I won't go into all of them. If you are only raising with AA, KK amd AK your pretty easy to read for a lot at the table, even some bad players will notice it and play accordingly. Not to be demeaning, tight strong players like you are actually easier to play against than bad ATC players. I know, I used to be one.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:15 PM

Keep making good decisions and you'll win. In the long run. Which can be pretty long.

Huge swings are pretty normal for limit. You grind out small wins, and take big hits, then grind it back. That's why the hourly rate is so small, but consistent, if you can handle it.

Hang in there.

You can be a little looser than you're saying, and pumping up the pot with good hands/good draws can make a big difference in the results.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:59 PM

Amazing how much of a difference a B&M is from online play. Even at micro limits, the play is sooo much better online. Easy to see how horrible most players are by how many see the flop. 4-6 is good but I LOVE 7+. I play a 4/8 too but it's a kill game. I'd play regular 4/8 but there isn't one around usually.
Man! talk about bankroll swings.. try playing in a kill game with 7 or more players to a flop and half of them go to the river with virtually even the slightest chance of winning!
Love grinding away all day for 7 hours being up about 250 for the day feeling like I was playing pretty good with about "average" luck (lol OK maybe just a touch better than avaerage) And then three kill pots in a row that I flop very strong draws or stong made hands that miss or get drawn out on and it's all gone in 20 min! Why couldn't I just win ONE of those 500 dollar kill pots that I had a 35%-50%+ edge in at the flop?
Old 03-18-2007, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can go ahead & raise many other hands PF like TT-QQ as well, and a lot of times 88-99 depending on where you are at the table position-wise and how the table is playing etc. Several other hands you can raise PF as well but I won't go into all of them. If you are only raising with AA, KK amd AK your pretty easy to read for a lot at the table, even some bad players will notice it and play accordingly. Not to be demeaning, tight strong players like you are actually easier to play against than bad ATC players. I know, I used to be one.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a realy loose play I wouldn't be raising with medium pairs to much (99/88). You won't get people out of the pot to get into a 2 or 3 way pot, so the only value they have are sets.

Like you said, if you raise only with AA/KK/AK you are easy to spot, even for very bad players. We have a couple of regulars who kept doing that for a couple of weeks, ending up with them raising, everybody folding... The "tourist" where shouting.. Guys, if he raises he must have AA or KK so don't bother and after a little while they really didn't bother to try, the guy ending up with getting 2 blinds and a caller who folded..

So I do raise more often then AA/KK/AK, ofc depending on who entered the pot, position and everything else what's known [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
River is the 5. She checks and I could just see this weird dread look in her eyes. I check and she slowly flips over 3,4 offsuit

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone knows B&M poker is rigged...
Old 03-18-2007, 11:32 AM

Hi Lievyon,

Welcome to the forum.

You will not accurate information from 40 hours of play.

Pick up Gambling Theory and Other Topics from Mason Malmuth.

In the meantime post some specific hands.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:34 PM

Play more. A lot more. Live play takes some getting used to. You should be glad that you're only down $100.

Piece of advice for you. Bring $300 with you and always have at least 5bb on the table. Leave when you're down $200 if that's your limit, but don't sit at the table with only a couple of bb. I can't count the times I've seen short stacked people win the minimum when they have a huge hand because they only have a couple bets in front of them. If you lost your entire $200 on your last two trips, you must have been short stacked at some point both times. This will also keep you from throwing the last bet or two in the pot with any random hand because "it's time to go anyway".
Old 03-23-2007, 12:51 PM

I always bring 300 but plan on stopping at 200. I would have thought I was short stacked also. Amazingly I ended up 200 down exactly both time. Since those two big losses I've had two more sessions.

7. 10 hours for $195
8. 11 hours for $68

The last session was very frustrating. It was the perfect game. 6+ every hand. People angry raising with nothing. Unfourtunatly I had AA cracked twice, Kings cracked both times and both QQ cracked. Only 2 made flushes, no FH, 2 flopped sets and 2 flopped 2 pairs. So all in all I felt real good being up money with only those hands in 11 hours.

As a good tight player I'm looking forward to my first live experience of everything going right for a change and having a HUGE mountian of chips in front of me =)