Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Newt had an affair while trying to impeach clinton

[ QUOTE ]
Newt had an affair while trying to impeach Clinton but what is the over/under on Clinton affairs during the same period?

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on HA... talk about "look over there!"
Old 03-09-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well this is interesting,

[ QUOTE ]
WASHINGTON — Former U.S. House speaker Newt Gingrich Friday told a Christian radio program he was cheating on his second wife at the same time as he was fighting for the impeachment of former president Bill Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky affair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this may kill any chance he had at the presidency, the GOP will probably realize this makes him essentially unelectable and thus will probably not be nominated

Source

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anyone ever seriously consider him to be electable? I thought he was disliked by republicans these days almost as much as he is disliked by democrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read somewhere today that he remains a darling of the extreme right.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
WASHINGTON — Former U.S. House speaker Newt Gingrich Friday told a Christian radio program he was cheating on his second wife at the same time as he was fighting for the impeachment of former president Bill Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky affair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this may kill any chance he had at the presidency, the GOP will probably realize this makes him essentially unelectable and thus will probably not be nominated

Source

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anyone ever seriously consider him to be electable? I thought he was disliked by republicans these days almost as much as he is disliked by democrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read somewhere today that he remains a darling of the extreme right.

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact, he has been praised by Jerry Falwell and asked to speak at Liberty University - Falwell has said Newt admitted the affair to him during the Clinton impeachment -

here's the latest buzz

SO, both Dobson and Falwell are listening to him - if Robertson joins in, I think Newt will join the race - he'll have the Trifeca of the Religious Right behind him.

Also glad Iron81 unlocked the thread, I think Newt is a viable candidate for 2008 given the Republicans total lack of anyone the Religious Right likes, and wouldn't be surprised at all to see some late presidental declarations on both sides -

rb
Old 03-09-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
An anti-abortion democrat would demolish this field of republicans. I've contended for awhile that the "religious right" is pretty much a single issue voting block.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Dems as a group kicked the gays under the bus as well it's a guaranteed 1000 year Reich.

[/ QUOTE ]

... or whole-heartedly supported the second ammendment.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An anti-abortion democrat would demolish this field of republicans. I've contended for awhile that the "religious right" is pretty much a single issue voting block.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno...they seem to get pretty energized about gay marriage to. I don't think they would support a pro-life candidate who favored gay marriage.

Which has always struck me as odd. I mean, if you believe a fetus is a real person with a soul, then it makes perfect sense to me that you would make ever effort to stop the murder of millions of innocent lives.

But even if you think being gay is a sin, the harm caused by gay marriage is so remote that it seems hard to get all that riled up over, since it doesn't do any direct harm to anyone. The efforts people have gone into to getting gay marriage amendments passed, etc, suggests to me that a lot f people on the religious right need to do some more soul-searching about their priorities.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Source

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the wife he left while she was in the Hospital with Cancer?
Old 03-10-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Newt had an affair while trying to impeach Clinton but what is the over/under on Clinton affairs during the same period?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is Bill Clinton considering a run for President?
Old 03-10-2007, 12:45 AM

Newt had an affair while trying to impeach clinton = newt is balla!

oops i thought this was bbv, carry on [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And if the republicans run a pro-choicer?
Old 03-10-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And if the republicans run a pro-choicer?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing. Doesn't effect it one bit. I don't know any single issue voters on the pro-choice side.
Closed Thread