Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2006, 06:21 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker - run it twice

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They might as well just bust out twodimes and then chop up the pot according to what equity they hold.

[/ QUOTE ]
This will never be possible as the cards other players were dealt (who folded and are not part of the hand) will influence the players equity.

I.E say player A is all-in against player B. Player B has 4 outs, the 4 deuces. HOWEVER, Player C was dealt red 22 and player D was dealt black 22. Therefore, there is no way for player B to win the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that if all deuces are in the bottom of the deck he cannot win either? Or in the middle? Or the burn cards?

[/ QUOTE ]
The difference is that you have absolutely no way of knowing whether the twos are in the middle versus the bottom of the deck. But you might be able to tell whether they're in another player's hand. Like if Greg Raymer's glasses turn orange with a hint of mauve, it means he's got pocket deuces.

Not that any of this should affect whether to run it once or twice. That's the same either way.

But it can affect whether to accept the twodimes.net numbers instead of running it out. If I have reason to think that a couple players folded an ace on the flop, I will not want to run the twodimes.net sim to settle up if my opponent needs an ace on the river. I'd rather run the cards out (whether once or twice or whatever).

So while there's absolutely no difference in EV between running the cards out once versus twice, there can be a difference in EV between running the cards out versus using twodimes.