Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory

Old 02-01-2007, 02:36 PM

Default results

the game was extremely loose passive and i was in big trouble. pretty much every pot was a family pot w/ a showdown for the 1st 3 hours. then a couple people had to rebuy and the game got a bit tighter. by then i was down to 18 bucks and needed something to happen. people were commenting on how tight i played so i felt i could run a big bluff. i cold called a raise by one of the rebuy players out of the BB the flop cam Ace hi and i cr'd him he folded QQ faceup after alot of agonizing. it was my biggest play of the night but only got me to $22 bucks. i could never break the $25 barrier and ended up owing my friend $75 and change for a pretty uneventful sidebet. if i could have broke $25 that cr bluff would have been worth $400. in retrospect the game was too loose passive to win anything. if i coulda gotten the stakes raised i coulda won the bet easy.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:51 AM

Default Re: results

sounds like fun though. I would have thought loose passive would have been ideal. Actually you needed loose weak. do it again?
Old 02-02-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: results

So how did this work practically? You were dealt two cards, and pretended to look at them, but didn't? Was your friend watching from the rail? He couldn't have been in the game, right?