Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Ask El Diablo

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Diet sodas taste the same as they ever did, gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever tasted these? (black cherry and strawberry cream) They are ridiculously good and happen to be a diet soda. I'd go even as far to say that I'd rather drink these than the original.

insane? or just weird taste?

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored] this stuff is good. They must take out the sugar and put in crack because I am [censored] hooked. Especially the strawberries and cream.

Great. Now I'm jonesing. You dirty [censored].
Old 01-31-2007, 01:01 AM

Have you been to Peter Luger's, and if so is it worth the price?

Same question for the Penthouse Executive Club, I saw an ad and it looks delicious. The steaks may be good, too.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:39 AM

and: Luger, yes. I think Wolfgang's is just as good, though, and much more convenient if you're visiting NYC. Haven't been to PEC.

m: 1. Very hard to say. I'll look into things. 2. Very hard to say. I'll look into things.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:13 AM

El D,
I am thinking of switching my career path and going into the business world. I will finish school this year with a degree in neuroscience, and a minor in bio. Anyways,

How important do you think aggression/negotiator skills are in the business world?

How important do you think having capital to start with is?
Old 01-31-2007, 11:39 AM

from what I've read of your posts, we have different scotch tastes. What do you look for in a scotch and what do you think the best deal under $100 is? I think I saw that you liked JW blue and I was pretty surprised. I went to a JW tasting at a liquor store and thought it wasn't much better than black, nevermind $150 better. I really liked gold though. It goes fantastic after dinner with a nice cigar. Which reminds me, do you ever have cigars?
Old 01-31-2007, 04:54 PM

El D,

does the addition of this forum mean that 2+2 will stop sucking so much and I should come back?
Old 01-31-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
El D,

does the addition of this forum mean that 2+2 will stop sucking so much and I should come back?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no El D, but if you take a quick look at the prolific posters that came out of the woodworks to post in this forum, you will quickly want back in. In fact Mr. Paladino, YOU should be applying for "thread starter" status.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:28 PM

ElD,

I recently left a business development mgr. position at Google. I had joined a startup in April '02 that was purchased by them the next year and had been there ever since.

I decided I wanted to take some time off to relax, play cards, and help my fiancee prepare for our September wedding.

How long could I conceivably go without having a "full-time" position before it became a big problem w/r/t my resume? I should mention that I hope to eventually end up at another startup and that playing poker will more than pay for my expenses in the meantime.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:26 PM

along the same lines as buying a condo in SF, do you have any thoughts about what other parts of the bay area you would choose to purchase property in? i currently rent in the east bay, and commute to san rafael, but it looks as though i may be changing jobs very shortly to a position in cotati. I also am looking to switch from renting to owning. Cotati is way the [censored] up there. should i look to purchase in the east bay and make the 45+ minute commute? should i look to buy up in the novato/cotati/santa rosa area? or is there any sense in buying in the city itself and still commuting?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Diet sodas taste the same as they ever did, gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever tasted these? (black cherry and strawberry cream) They are ridiculously good and happen to be a diet soda. I'd go even as far to say that I'd rather drink these than the original.

insane? or just weird taste?

[/ QUOTE ]

Those sodas make very good mixers, for your run of the mill rum or vodka. I don't really like them on their own though. Too much goin' on. I don't want my soda to taste like that. But they are definitely an interesting product, and I can see why someone would like them.
Closed Thread