Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 01-01-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: My Video Session - NL100 30 minutes

Maybe at these limits playing a bit tighter is a better approach simply because as you said there is no fold equity.

Things like raising J9 after limpers, you basically need to hit the flop because continuation bet bluffs are pretty useless even heads up most of the time.
Focusing on more hands with showdown value helped me at 10NL and save raising hands like J9,JT etc on button for the higher limits.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:39 PM

Now that is more like it!!!

New video....coming soon. There are definitely leaks in my game. I will make sure the next one has some more difficult decisions.

PS> Was the quality of the video/audio okay?
Old 01-01-2007, 10:48 PM

I really liked it and am looking forward to your next video!

quality was good enough IMHO.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:48 AM

How is $0.05/$0.10 NL100? Am I missing something?
Old 01-02-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How is $0.05/$0.10 NL100? Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

the ability to read 2 posts into the thread

minnie, nice video, looking forward to the next one
Old 01-02-2007, 04:26 AM

I'd like to watch and comment. Any chance you could post it on Youtube or Google Video, or convert it into a quicktime or avi format? Many of these screen capture videos end up in the one WMV codec that Mac users can't use at all.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:34 AM

im too tired to focus on the cards in your video. good sign i shouldnt be playing right now
Old 01-02-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to watch and comment. Any chance you could post it on Youtube or Google Video, or convert it into a quicktime or avi format? Many of these screen capture videos end up in the one WMV codec that Mac users can't use at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried the avi but it comes out way too big (> 200meg). I tried messing with different codecs and compression settings, but I always get a huge file. I will look at a different format next time.

There is a Windows Media player for Mac OS X.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:14 AM

Great video. Quality was excellent (although I had to squint a bit to see the bet sizes, that's just cos I have a small laptop monitor), commentry good.

It was good to see a 10NL video (I play '6'NL), and your discussion about limpers, lack of FE etc. Don't be in a hurry to make a 25NL video!!

It was particularly enjoyable listening to you trying to not tilt. Nice stuff.

A few thoughts on hands:

I was suprised you felt able to value-bet Q7. You must have been pretty sure he wasn't check-calling with a low pair. I'd normally gratefully check behind there, but your move would be the better play if he only rarely has a pair.

I'm interested you folded hands like A8o in the small blind with a couple of limpers in the hand. Easily worth half a bet IMO: I would back you to get away from your TP if it's dominated much more often than your oppenents will (and they are much more likely to limp with A6 than AJ).

I think the cautious style is something I need to continue to work on, but there was one hand where I thought you were a little too nervous - you flopped TPTK (A8) HU as the PFR on a 78x flop, were checked to, and you were worried about 78. Maybe you were just going through the thought process for the microphone, but if I have TPTK in that situation I bet first and ask questions later.

Looking forward to the future videos; I'm getting addicted to these things...

Post a link to this thread on the videos thread?
Old 01-02-2007, 05:58 AM

First post here............

I liked the video very much, very good analyses of ur oponents, and a good explanation for every decision. I loved ur comment on the K8?? caller, the frustration of his preflop call to ur decent raise is just very familiar.

Quality of the video was also perfect, I even had to tone it down a bit when u turned up the volume.

The game was pretty standard, but your conclusion that you did not have any hard decisions because u played so solid made very good sense. The hard decision come when u play weak hands and need good handreading ability to make a decision.
The only hard decision you made was about the 9Qs hand on teh button. But ur handreading helped you out there.
It was a very good video for me, cause I ahve about the same style of play. Patience and the ability to wait for a better spot, like u mention in the vid, are of great importance. This vid just encourage me to keep playin my own game.

Thanks for sharing.