Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-31-2006, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Low end Supernovas looked over by new VIP program.

I should mention that Scottyy got back to me via email and he brought up some very good points. I won't repeat the whole email here as I'm sure he can paste it in here if he'd like. I can see how the new program will motivate a lot of players, but I guess it's just not enough of a motivator for me. I basically don't cash out any of my poker winnings - I just continue to build my roll so more cash is just not a major incentive for me, odd as it will sound to some of you. I'll obviously continue to have 100% of my play at Stars cause it's the best site by far - just likely not at a greater or lesser rate than last year.

Ryan
Old 12-31-2006, 12:58 AM

I have two questions....

1. If you maintain platinum star stats throughtout the year, you need to collect 4k FPP's per month to earn a total of 10k FPP's becasue you accrue at 1.5x. This will put you at SN at end of October correct?

2. If you had a bot that could 12 table and break even at low limit then you could rather easily acheieve SN elite and get all the benefits? I would never use a bot but it seems that a lot of bots would reap the rewards on this....
Old 12-31-2006, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. If you maintain platinum star stats throughtout the year, you need to collect 4k FPP's per month to earn a total of 10k FPP's becasue you accrue at 1.5x. This will put you at SN at end of October correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The multiplier doesn't apply to the required amounts to move up levels. All of those are in VPP.

[ QUOTE ]

2. If you had a bot that could 12 table and break even at low limit then you could rather easily acheieve SN elite and get all the benefits? I would never use a bot but it seems that a lot of bots would reap the rewards on this....

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hope a bot would get caught long before that happened.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:12 AM

Thanks....missed VPP vs FPP....LOL thats a lot of fuqin poker! I dont play enough.

I would hope the bots would get caught too but I was under the impressioin the lower limits are loaded with bots even on Stars. I haven no evidence other that threads read here...If you could just let it run all the time you could gather VPP's rapidly.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I should mention that Scottyy got back to me via email and he brought up some very good points. I can see how the new program will motivate a lot of players

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? How? I can't really see it "motivating" anyone. The players that are already Supernova don't need motivation, they pro's and are going to continue to play as frequently.

1 Million VPP's is unrealistic for the vast majority of players. Seriously, just making Platinum every month is demanding to all but the people playing for a living. If Stars believes this makes up the majority of their player base, or the players you want to attract as opponents then I concedede.

However, open up the client and look at where the most games are. 3/6 Limit and lower account for maybe 2/3 of the players by my estimate.

To make Platinum at 2/4 limit, I have to play about 22,000 hands a month. Thats about 700 hands a day. Playing 4 tables, thats a minimum of 3 1/2 hours a day. Hardly the definition of a casual or recreational player which I claim to be.

That level of play gets me to 'Nova by the end of the year, and Stars has NOT EVEN COME CLOSE to creating an incentive for me to maybe double my time or add more tables to get to 200k.

I am willing to believe there are a hell of a lot more players like myself then ones making 500 VPPS a year, to push for a million.

So, where is the incentive?
Old 12-31-2006, 02:31 AM

at the very least they should make the bonuses free, not 50k fpps.

i was hoping this would be better but its a big let down for me, i was aiming for 500k but now i doubt ill even get to 200k.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:18 AM

Yeah but if you plan on buying things in 2007, any bigger ticket item, then the concierge service seems way better considering the cash bonus system charges you a fpp premium to get straight cash back. I think I'll be using a lot of the concierge service in 2007 when I totally dedicate myself to stars.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:34 AM

Microbob, you are da man.

While we're on the topic, is using fpps to buy into the sunday millions the best fpp value for dollar in the vip store or is it something else?
Old 12-31-2006, 03:57 AM

Ryan,

I agree I feel like "middle-level" Supernova kinda got the shaft.I don't intend to use the bonus, though obviously feel there should more benefits. I think a single live event for 500k might be reasonable.

Another option is supernovas can buy entrees via FPPs at a reduced price. Should be good publicity for them.

Also agree about the weekly tournaments, basically as is they aren't worth playing.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:03 AM

Supernovas, took a shaft. A lot of hype was built for this. A lot of dissapointment

We can all now relax and play our normal level of poker and not push ourselves.

In a way I would like to thank stars for letting everyone down, now the tables wont be full of multitabling sharks folding for hours.