Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Dr Phil kicks bumfights creator off his show

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dr. Phil (who is a doctor of what by the way)

[/ QUOTE ]

Clinical psychology.

[/ QUOTE ]

THen it's Dr.Laura who is not actually a doctor of anything?

I knew it was one of them.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:21 AM

Dr Phil of course picked this guy and this video clip to give his show some violence, which is always a ratings booster. The guy comes out dressed like Dr. Phil, which I believe was going to coincide with an argument of "we're basically doing the same thing."

In any case they're both jackasses, but at least the bumfights guy isn't an anal holier-than-thou.

"I refuse to publicize this" LOL the irony
Old 12-15-2006, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dr Phil of course picked this guy and this video clip to give his show some violence, which is always a ratings booster. The guy comes out dressed like Dr. Phil, which I believe was going to coincide with an argument of "we're basically doing the same thing."

In any case they're both jackasses, but at least the bumfights guy isn't an anal holier-than-thou.

"I refuse to publicize this" LOL the irony

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think the fact that this guy completely owned Dr. Phil with the way he was dressed is getting enough attention.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, i dont think this was premeditated at all. If you look at the guy, he comes in with the top of his head shaved and a suit so he looks exactly like Dr. Phil. My guess is Phil saw this guy mocking him and decided to kick him off the show under the morals pretense. Obviously phil has already seen the footage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point, I think that this may have been the real reason if it -wasn't- staged. I'll go even farther, although I'm probably giving McGraw a little too much credit for intelligence and ability to think ahead here. Perhaps he saw this guy dressed up in this style to mock him, and anticipated that he was going to make the argument he did...that what McGraw does on his show every day is, at the base of it, really no different than what he does for a living. Since McGraw would have no real rejoinder to that extremely good point, he resorts to the "It's my ball, I'm going home" school of argument and avoids the whole thing in the first place, like a wuss, and using the whole moral high ground stance as a cover.

Like I said, this theory gives McGraw more credit than I think he deserves for being able to think on his feet (God knows the man doesn't seem to be the brightest light on the Christmas tree), but it's a possibility to be considered, anyway.

--Scott
Old 12-15-2006, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he invites him on the show, just to make a scene and kick him off. what a [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread