Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-14-2006, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Life decision: taking a risk with my bankroll

What's your income tax situation for this year looking like?

It seems like you may owe a decent chunk of change come April, if so this seems like a really bad idea
Old 12-14-2006, 09:14 PM

Ooh, I forgot to mention that. Knowing Nation's life skills...he probably hasn't paid his income tax yet, and hasn't factored that in yet. Once you do, he's actually probably in debt already.

Yay bankroll management!
Old 12-14-2006, 09:16 PM

I'm waiting for a "Ask me about living above my means and selling my body for rent" thread in 6 months.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:27 PM

This is a great idea. Living in a place that you don't like is hugely life and poker ev-.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your income tax situation for this year looking like?

It seems like you may owe a decent chunk of change come April, if so this seems like a really bad idea

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 12-14-2006, 09:42 PM

I already have tax money set aside everyone. I'm obviously not including that in my effective roll at all (or in any roll).

To the guy that had to make a gimmick...pretty weak.

As far as our security deposit, we're getting it furnished, and there's a lot of expensive stuff there. You sure they can't do this? They broke it down into 3 months rent for furnishings, and 2 months rent for low credit score for a few tenants (not me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 12-14-2006, 09:55 PM

i'd call someone that knows what they're talking about with the security deposit...asap.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:58 PM

Nation,

I don't know you, but I recently made a somewhat similar move. I was nervous about it, but I look at it like this:

1. You are young
2. You have no kids (I'm assuming)
3. You are doing this in an attempt to better your life
4. You won't starve

If this is what you want to do then do it. Don't let detractors get you down, there are risks involved in anything you do. I wish you the best of luck.

p.s. I'm with others on the security deposit. That is money that you can put to work. I'd definately check that out.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As far as our security deposit, we're getting it furnished, and there's a lot of expensive stuff there. You sure they can't do this? They broke it down into 3 months rent for furnishings, and 2 months rent for low credit score for a few tenants (not me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly they can't chareg you more than 3 months rent for a "furnished apartment" (see links). but maybe they can if they're two separate contracts, is that what you're saying?

i probably wouldn't try to fight it if they can still back out of the deal and you dont want to lose the place.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:01 PM

I looked up several resources for California renter's law and they all said security deposit can be no more than 2x for unfurnished and 3 times for furnished. WTF do I do?

Note that I havent signed anything yet.

There's another problem actually...there's supposed to be 5 of us and they sent the lease in saying that only 4 can stay and any more than 4 equals 20% increase in rent. When told about the discrepancy, they sent it back changing everything for 4 to 5...except in the very last line of that paragraph (not very long) they never changed the 4 to a 5.

It says " In the event the premises are occupied by more than 5 occupants other than short term visitors, except by written consent of Owner, Tenant agrees that the monthly rental rate shall be increased by 20% for each extra occupant beyond 5. In addition, any unauthorized occupancy beyond 4 shall constitute a breach of the Agreement. "

It seems like it shouldnt be that tough to see "oh yeah 4 should be 5." Are they actively trying to screw us into a lease that they can break at their whim?