Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 12-03-2006, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Hand reading quizaroo

Quizarro Answers

1 . { JJ+,AQo+} QQ
I was actually Hero in this hand and had been 3betted a fairbit by him - I wasn't sure in this hand if he had AA -his flop check was suspicious as as others have said - his non-turn raise reduced chance of TT IMHO -I thought slowplayed AA but by the river decided he would have to show me. I agree with RAHzero these kinds of LAG players are harder to read.

2. { Ax weak kicker,Ax where x is a heart, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] fdraw, set} A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I was Hero again and actually posted this hand -I remember dbitel mentioning Ax/fdraw was alot of his range in a similar SSNL post.

3. {33,55,88, 5x{56 SC/A5 SA}.. slowplayed AA} 88
Ah the turn minraise - means 1pair is beaten.

4. { srtr8/flsuh draw/2pair/set} 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I orginally wasn't going to post villan's stats -this was very hard even so esmerelda and kbrat got the exact hand.

5. {JJ+} QQ
Taggy player 3bets in SB and continues and ends up AI turn.
IMHO BB(another TAG) played this semi-well.

6. {2 broadway 2pair, ATo, Tx +fdraw, spade/heart fdraw +pair, combo str8draw/fdraw,77 e.t.c } K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hard one again given villans stats hence I guess why the turn was shoved given how scary the river woudl've been vs this maniac.

7. {22,99,A2 suited, TT,77} 99
I put villan on 22/99/ more than 77,TT as I guessed even a tight rock minraises the turn for value [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

8. { AQo+, 2 broadway without queen} AK
TAG PFR 2 limpers and cbets then shutddowns - I think most got this one -either exact AK or whiffed overs.

(any errors srry [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] )

Thing I noticed reading the different replies -alot of players ranges covered Villan's hand/type of hands that would enable us to play correctly vs most of villans range -e.g. in hand 7 vs. rock as long as we read him for a near-nut FH we could play correctly off that. Noneed to get tied up in trying to put villan on an exact hand IMHO - that was just for this practice/makes it easier to decide a winner. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And the winner is Antinome . Congratulations. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Incidentally the only one to give QQ as the exact hand in no.1.

To all that took part I hope you found it a bit of fun
and maybe learnt something -I did.

munkey
Old 12-03-2006, 03:58 PM

I found it interesting that Villains sometimes have dodgy stats but play hands perfectly fine, which results in us(me) not putting them on certain hands
Old 12-04-2006, 11:51 AM

Well, 5/8 isn't bad, but 2 of the 3 I put opponent on an exact hand that might have made me play incorrectly.

Hand 2 I said 58. This answer was whimsical, I would actually have played against his range, and played this correctly.

Hand 4 I completely didn't believe he flopped the joint. I would have paid him off all day. Not sure why.