Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 02-04-2006, 02:55 AM

Default Pacific 1/2 A3s - Raising with Equity, made hand, scare card

Haven't played at tables as loose as Pacific lately (if ever). Bringing up a lot of equity raising and odds calcs. I want to make sure I understand this and find out what to do in some questionable spots (maybe there not questionable, but thats why I'm here.

Table is very passive before the flop, haven't seen much aggression postflop except for several odd moves with no hand at showdown. Just about all of the villians are guilty of it.

Pacific Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>,1 Call,
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, 1 Call,
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero Calls,
1 Call, SB Completes, BB checks.

Only 2 callers before me, but i am sure at least the SB and BB will go and as I said, very passive preflop.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB Bets, 2 folds,Hero calls, V1 raises, SB calls, BB raises, Hero caps, all call.

OK, here I would like better position to make the original raise. I might get two more to come along, but without being sure, I assume the call is correct.

I know I am good to cap this now that everyone is coming along. I have not seen everyone at this table go nuts at the same time, so this action makes me think at least one TPGK, two pair and maybe a set.

Turn: (11.5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
2 checks, Hero bets, V1 raises, 2 calls, Hero raises, all call.

Crap, made my nut flush, but the board paired. I am a little worried about the full house, but I keep telling myself MUBS. When it doesn't get capped I am pretty sure MHIG.

River: (22 BB) 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
2 Checks, Hero Bets, All call.

If no one has the full house, this is another good card that may give someone else a smaller flush. Is this a check/call or a bet/call situation and why. I assume that since the turn was not capped, bet out, but could be a stop and go. With this many in, I hate to see this good of a hand get checked through?

Final Pot: 26 BB

comments/flames welcome

mitch
Old 02-04-2006, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Pacific 1/2 A3s - Raising with Equity, made hand, scare card

nice hand. But the turn should be something like 10BB and the river should be like 22.

Is this at Pacific or Paradise?

I like the flop cap. Definately for value.

The turn pairing is kind of scary, but I don't give credit for the boat right away. Since there wasn't a cap, I agree YHIG.

River is obvious.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:21 AM

Default Re: Pacific 1/2 A3s - Raising with Equity, made hand, scare card

Sorry about the hand conversion. I used one from paradise to model from. It was Pacific and the final pot was 26.5 blinds, i must have screwed up somewhere in my conversion. I should have just typed it out, but tried to get fancy.

Thanks for the reply.

mitch