Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-09-2006, 08:11 PM

Default Re: I Feel the 2006 Elections Were DIRTY.....

[ QUOTE ]
You must be out of your mind

tell it to Ohio and Florida

oh yeah, and the Supreme Court

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded. Loudly.

q/q
Old 11-09-2006, 11:51 PM

Here's what really sad: Meagher County, MT had about 900 voters this year voting at 1 polling place with hand-counted paper ballots...12 hours or so later, the vote count still wasn't done...Canadians have polling places with 2 - 3 people counting 300 - 400 votes by hand (I've been a scrutineer for the NDP. :-P) and the count's done in 30 - 60 minutes...
Old 11-10-2006, 12:06 AM

Wow, yeah dems rigged all the elections lol
Old 11-10-2006, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am partisan and I think there is nothing wrong with having principles and backing them in a partisan manner. I have more respect for partisan Democrats than I have for so called moderates. At least a partisan Dem is not afraid takes a stand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you misunderstand the concept of partisan. Partisanism has nothing to do with ideology, but rather substitutes "my team" for what would otherwise be beliefs and principles. The reason why Republicans are right when they continually claim that the Democrats' attacks, when they occur, are "partisan politics" is because most all Democrats share 95% of Republicans platform...hence, they're only opposing the other team's members, not the other team's ideas.

If you remember the '04 general elections, the only things Kerry really criticized Bush for was being irresponsible, that is, that he would have been more sensitive... but he said, when elected he would do essentially the same thing with regards to Iraq, and differ in other matters only by repealing the estate tax and the the tax cuts for the wealthy... but other than that, same platform, he just claimed he would be better at it. Hence, the only things to discuss were the partisan parts, namely, was Kerry a sissy for taking a purple heart for a "flesh wound" or was Bush a deserter for not doing something or other.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:20 AM

Isn't it possible for someone to have a moderate position on an issue? I've never understood why someone would have respect for soembody because they "take a stand." Mao took a stand; so have Castro and Bin Laden. It's not taking a stand that should be admirable. It's the quality of the ideas behind that stand.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it possible for someone to have a moderate position on an issue? I've never understood why someone would have respect for soembody because they "take a stand." Mao took a stand; so have Castro and Bin Laden. It's not taking a stand that should be admirable. It's the quality of the ideas behind that stand.

[/ QUOTE ]

hitler took one too. so did david duke.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

.....My friend,

Wise men see the world in shades of gray. They have learned the hard way.

They will ask the 'why' questions, and not take rote ideologic pap for an answer.

There are many reasons to take a stand, but as you point out, it is indeed the quality and the thought behind the stand that truly matters.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I watch the Allen enjoy a 10,000 vote lead with 99.6% of the vote in and I went to bed. When I woke up, Webb had an 8000 vote lead. This does not pass the smell test....

[/ QUOTE ]
OOC, where were you watching that? I was following the race (on a republican election site, btw) and it was within 1% every time I checked.

[ QUOTE ]
I know vote fraud has been a part of American politics for years. In my younger more naive years, I thought vote fraud ended with the LBJ and the 1960 presidential election.

[/ QUOTE ]
But you got over THAT delusion in 2000, right? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...7/163140.shtml

[/ QUOTE ]
FYI - you shouldn't trust anything you read on newsmax. It's even less reliable than Fox.

[ QUOTE ]

Why is it everytime that I see people caught of vote fraud they are from groups that support the Democrat party?

[/ QUOTE ]
Honestly? I think it's the news sources you choose.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The race for Cook County (Chicago) Board President got a little hot election night. The results were very slow coming in; late yesterday, 160 precincts still hadn't reported. GOP candidate Tony Peraica and his supporters weren't happy with this, they thought the fix was in. At 2 AM on election night, Peraica and his supporters walked and took taxis over to the County Clerk's office in downtown Chicago where they were counting the votes, demanding to know what was going on. About 50 people were banging on the doors, demanding to be let in.
<font color="white"> . </font>
Security guards backed up by Sheriff's officers relented and let them in, but held the mob off while Peraica talked to the clerk. Supporters of machine Democrat Todd Stroger heard about this and drove over to the Clerk's office. A minor brawl broke out between the two camps outside the building and a few punches were thrown. While this is going on, some Peraica supporters snuck around to the back of the building where they were bringing the votes in. They accosted the poll workers and seized some ballot boxes and even opened a few before the Sheriff shooed them away and restored order. Peraica left threatening lawsuits, but he conceeded late yesterday.

Chicago Tribune

[/ QUOTE ]

Back up a step. The GOP guy's supporters illegally opened ballot boxes ..and then they threatened to sue??

I got to hand it to these folks, they have some nerve.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Democrats .. voter fraud .. voter fraud

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Congratulations for the free lesson on negotiating tactics. This is an important concept and I hope the audience is paying attention. Whenever you are faced with a certain demand by the opposite side in a negotiation, you must be ready to spring a demand of your own.

It is important, you see, to have, first of all, at least numerical parity in demands (e.g. they have 4 deamnds; you have 4 demands; better yet, 5 demands), and moreover, to have at least demands of equal (or seemingly equal) importance, (e.g. the workers demand a wage increase; the boss demands a cut in all benefits).

So, in this respect, Felix's post serves as a counter-balance to the extended fraud perpetrated by the right wingers in recent years, topping with the stealing of the 2000 presidential election by Supreme Court judges. Non-suspicious readers learn of "Dem fraud" and place this alongside GOP fraud in their minds --- and voilą, balance. Level field.

2. I have been instructed by the many Democrats of this forum to offer you their profound thanks for the whining. See, the afterglow of victory lasts that much longer when the villains whine.

Mickey Brausch