Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 10-30-2006, 02:16 PM

Default Re: The Wonder of it all, When will foxwoods get it all right?

Yeah and there should also be a seperate high limit bathroom so the high limit players don't have to stand next to us commoners while taking a piss.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah and there should also be a seperate high limit bathroom so the high limit players don't have to stand next to us commoners while taking a piss.

[/ QUOTE ]

There technically is at Commerce.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2006, 07:42 AM

Yes, and it truly is a much nicer place to take a leak as well.

Jeff
Old 10-30-2006, 02:16 PM

you realize the bellagio and borgata both have high limit boards right? i dont know if youre laughing at me cause my request is elitest or because its just absurd for foxwoods to cater to high limit players. if its the latter then yes i agree, hahahahahhaa
Old 10-30-2006, 11:01 PM

The pace of the game is my major gripe. Table fills are a joke with the counting, stacking, signing bs. All of that could be taken care of behind the scenes and I am sure that it's counted twice before coming to the table. Some dealers are good at keeping the game moving and you can't encourage them because they have to pool tips. Everyone knows no chip runners, but they still buy in at the table and make everyone pay.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:48 AM

Tip pooling is one of the worst things there and it has a dramatic impact on dealer quality. Why would anyone with a lot of experience stay there when they could make more elsewhere? I guess if you really wanted to live in CT, but I can't think of another reason.

Jeff
Old 10-31-2006, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tip pooling is one of the worst things there and it has a dramatic impact on dealer quality. Why would anyone with a lot of experience stay there when they could make more elsewhere? I guess if you really wanted to live in CT, but I can't think of another reason.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
This in my opinion is the biggest headache/problem at foxwoods. Too many dealers are not trained properly, nor do they care to improve. Too many are not interested in dealing quickly and competently. There are some decent ones, but they are few and far between. the high limit games generally don't suffer from this though as the better dealers get those games.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the high limit games generally don't suffer from this though as the better dealers get those games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think the floor even attempts to bring better dealers to the higher games. I've had the same very bad dealers at 2/4 or 1/2 NL and 20/40 or 30/60 - same with the excellent ones.

they're not all bad though, there are definitely quite a few very good ones.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:24 PM

They got you to play there didn't they? Why would they change a thing with money going down the hole?
Old 10-30-2006, 08:47 PM

i agree with everything in the original posts. this [censored] is just crazy. I have been playing at the woods for about a month now. before the wpt came to town, you could sign up for the lists with a floorperson. so basically, if you were a high limit player you could just have the floorman running the game put you on the list. no line, no waiting. now they have "centralized" the sign up. and you have to wait for 20 minutes to sign up for any game. it is [censored] absurd.