Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 10-20-2006, 02:21 PM

Default Re: FTP \"Waiting for Permission to Login\"?

Doug,

Thanks for responding here. My main frustration with this issue is that it took a couple of hours for support to get back to me when it was obvious that there was a problem. I'm sure the support inbox was filling up quickly but a simple "we know there's a problem and we're looking into it" would have been nice along with a message on the status page. I had a similar problem with Stars once and I got an e-mail response within 20 minutes and believe me, they were getting thousands at the same time because of a freeze. I like Tilt and I'm not going anywhere but you are being held to the Stars support standard. You posting here is an excellent way of saying that Tilt cares and is responsive.

I have had lag problems in the past and over the summer when I first started playing Tilt, I had disconnect problems. I knew it was the infrastructure and I did the support dance where I did tracert and screenshots, etc. and I got the technical support brush off of "contact your ISP" which I did. The issue was some Level 3 servers in Washington State that were dropping packets and that FT tech support knew about this. Adelphia support said everything was getting out onto the net fine. Isn't it in Tilt's interest to be proactive and work with infrastructure providers such as Level 3 when they know that there's a problem? My ISP will say it's not there responsibility. It seems like this is was a lag issue and tech support was practicing Christian Science medicine and hoping the issue would go away. BTW, at the time I was playing Stars concurrently and had NO connection problems. I brought this up to Tilt at the WSOP hospitality suite but the marketing folks (it might have been you) weren't able to give me anything but a "we sympathize". The problem went away for a while but since the PP pullout, it seems like it's back. I certainly understand if it's a capacity issue but it also seems like a technical limitation.

The spotlight is much brighter on you guys and this is a tremendous opportunity for Tilt to prove why they are a great site. Your marketing is solid and the software is pretty good but these technical issues are unsettling to say the least.