Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-05-2006, 12:01 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST season 3 premiere thread

Also, to clarify..the opening song...is that from the Desmond opener in season 2? I can't recall....It is obviously familiar to me..am I correct in that first assumption? I'd check but I'm sure someone here knows...

If it was mentioned in the thread I missed it.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course they aren't going to answer questions....the best way to judge is: What new questions did they present?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a very good argument to make. We don't judge a series' excellence by the overwhelming number of unanswered questions. In fact, the more questions that are presented without answering prior ones, the more viewers are irritated and the more the plot can spiral out of control.

Storytelling is the standard, and Lost has so far provided that in spades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Epdaws, I'm really disapointed this post didn't end with a sexual simile. Maybe Lost has provided this like jessica simpson and masterbation material for a 14 year old....

I don't know, more your thing.

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, sorry.

Fwiw, I agree with Crazy: The leaks in writing come when characters don't take the opportunity to learn more about their circumstances. Last season when they met the others in the woods in the darkness, the fake-bearded dude indicated that he would answer some questions, but Jack just went batshit. Um, some answers would have been nice first, please.

It can be more frustrating than blue balls delivered by the oncoming headlights of your GF's parents' car.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, to clarify..the opening song...is that from the Desmond opener in season 2? I can't recall....It is obviously familiar to me..am I correct in that first assumption? I'd check but I'm sure someone here knows...

If it was mentioned in the thread I missed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Song is not the same.

2. Girl was not the same.

I'm a little surprised devoted viewers could confuse this.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:07 AM

I know the girl wasn't the same....

That song has been in Lost before though right?...I'm almost positive...cuz I don't know where else I would have heard that song....
Old 10-05-2006, 12:12 AM

Also, maybe I'm not making the connection...but what did Kate know?

She clearly had some knowledge that was saddening when she met upw ith Sawyer in the cages. She was almost begging fo rhim to ask "what's wrong freckles" but he never did. It seemed like it was more than the "2 weeks of hell" line of Ben....

Any thoughts or connections on what this was she knows?
Old 10-05-2006, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, maybe I'm not making the connection...but what did Kate know?

She clearly had some knowledge that was saddening when she met upw ith Sawyer in the cages. She was almost begging fo rhim to ask "what's wrong freckles" but he never did. It seemed like it was more than the "2 weeks of hell" line of Ben....

Any thoughts or connections on what this was she knows?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well,
1.) she knows that hard times are coming, b/c Ben told her to take in the moment so she'd have something to hold on to while the next two weeks were going to be rough.

2.) she must've gotten in to something, becuase the cuts and bruises on her wrists weren't there when she sat down with Ben and handcuffed herself.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2.) she must've gotten in to something, becuase the cuts and bruises on her wrists weren't there when she sat down with Ben and handcuffed herself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering about this, too. at first I thought maybe she had been struggling with the handcuffs and it had cut her wrists, but the wounds seemed too serious to have come from that.

that Mr. Friendly guy said something about it before he said he'd get her antiseptic, but I forget his exact phrasing.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:31 AM

I thought jack was very out of character in his flashback, remember he's always the "leader" and the voice of reason and the guy everyone looks up to. but whatever.

They have obviously always had contact with the outside world as they are getting airdropped supplies.

I agree re: they are most likely interrogating kate about the survivors/jack.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering about this, too. at first I thought maybe she had been struggling with the handcuffs and it had cut her wrists, but the wounds seemed too serious to have come from that.

that Mr. Friendly guy said something about it before he said he'd get her antiseptic, but I forget his exact phrasing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point about the wrists. I noticed it during the episode but I still can't figure out what it really means. I thought maybe someone else had made a connection...interrogation seems likely..but I'm guessing there is more to it that we will find out about.

And Mr. Friendly should simply be referred to as Swamp Thing. "Get it, flying [censored]? I'm here all week."
Old 10-05-2006, 12:40 AM

Kate.

1) She looked good in that little dress. Are we to assume she is wearing no undergarments?

2) What is with the 'the next two weeks will be very unpleasant' line from Ben(Gale)?

3) What was the deal with her wrists being red and scraped from the handcuffs(when she was being loaded into the cage)? Didn't Ben say 'they were a little rough with you' or something to that effect?

SPOILER...

<font color="white">I read something about her being forced to choose between Sawyer and Jack? </font>