Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 10-02-2006, 06:39 AM

Default Re: $50 HUSNG -- An Exercise in Hand Reading

Can you ever lay down a full house at HU? I mean theoretically.. This reminds me of HoH II where Harrington mocks people who explain how the laid down a set on the flop. Especially with these low card boards.

Anyway, I tried this before I read the other replies and I put you on aces and opponent on 67. By the way you worded it, I took it you made a good laydown there.

Then again, I have a problem trusting people and tend to try to "catch" valuebets. Sometimes I do.. like when I misclicked 'call' instead of 'fold' on the river last night. My 93o beat his 63o on a AAKJT board for over half his chips.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:07 AM

Hahahaha 67 that's horrible. I dont reraise after he min reraises to 160 though, what's the point just call. The only hand that will call/reraise you is a 4 (or 67 I guess).

They way it was played out it's an easy laydown and a stupid play by villain that accidentally worked this hand.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:14 AM

Thats why I prefered only to call his miniraise. Simply because there is a chance he will overplay a weaker hand, and then you have to fold.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My 93o beat his 63o on a AAKJT board for over half his chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to be pedantic, but that's a split pot.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:37 AM

its ok, we were all thinking it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2006, 09:44 AM

obv his push is ridiculous if he has 67, infact it makes me cringe, but you kinda got urself in the situation by re-minraising his minraise. unless u feel that u have some read that makes u think 'this guy will shuv a double paired board with a straight' whats the point in reraising? and if u did have a read, why not call if his play has been similar to this?
question is: what does he raise you with, generally at best ur looking for a split? cus i think a lot of the time the only hand raising u on the river is the big full or quads. wen u minraise him back on the river, what is it you want him to do? just call? whats the point? just seems like u didnt think about what ud do if he did shuv before you minraised...

P.S. I hate minraises.

IPete
Old 10-02-2006, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My 93o beat his 63o on a AAKJT board for over half his chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to be pedantic, but that's a split pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm, you're right. Must have messed up one card somewhere. The memory is like it is - exaggerates. Or maybe it's just me.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you ever lay down a full house at HU? I mean theoretically.. This reminds me of HoH II where Harrington mocks people who explain how the laid down a set on the flop. Especially with these low card boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally different. have to think about board texture, not just absolute hand strength. a set on any flop is a powerhouse, beaten by very few possible hand combinations out there (only when both of your opponents cards have hit perfectly, and not even then still.) AND on the rare occasion you're against a flopped straight or flopped flush you've still got tons of outs by the river.

here you're beaten by any hand that contains just a single 4. folding 1 card bottom boats when bigger 1 card boats are out there shouldn't be anythng extraordinary.