Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 09-24-2006, 01:56 AM

Default is this played right

only read I have on main villain is a Note that says "Suckout king" from another session. I kinda take it to mean he doesn't fold and value bet him

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 09-24-2006, 02:02 AM

Default Re: is this played right

fine imo
Old 09-24-2006, 02:09 AM

Does he get tricky? If not, you might be able to fold this river.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:35 AM

Perfect imo.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does he get tricky? If not, you might be able to fold this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't noticed him be tricky before.

I question the call on the river, and I also question the c-bet on the flop when you know villain will call. I feel like I c-bet all but the scariest of flops with UI overs. I think I am losing money as a result.

LLL
Old 09-24-2006, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like I c-bet all but the scariest of flops with UI overs. I think I am losing money as a result.

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel that this comment will strike a chord with quite a few micro posters, me included.

One thing Ive noticed is that even the most dim-witted villians will start to think you are FOS when you Cbet nearly every time...which is great when the deck starts slapping u in the face but not so great when you wiff constantly.

oh, I'd play the same. I'd call that river cos I'd need a better read to fold to this CR...which might be why my W2SD is at tad high. Villian probably hit a gutshot or a random 2 pair. doh [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

if he slowplayed something else funky like a flopped set then at least make sure you get value for money and make a good note.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:41 AM

I think that's a pretty standard line. Well played.

The flop continuation bet could be questioned (few continuation bets couldn't be) but I would've probably bet. Not a big mistake if any at all.

Turn is a clear bet for value. On the river you have to call. If he's a straight forward player you're usually behind and even though the pot isn't quite big (remember, never fold big pots for one measily bet) I'd make a crying call. There are stupid players out there who could be bluffing and at least you get a read.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's a straight forward player you're usually behind and even though the pot isn't quite big (remember, never fold big pots for one measily bet)

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing I've come to realize is that there's a big difference between a sudden bet and an out of the blue raise. I'd still call here if only for read value, but I'd be fairly sure I'm beat. When a LP (which is what this guy looks like) C-Rs, it means bad things for TP, and you can probably fold safely if similar situations arise in the future.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:22 AM

My grunch:

Solid standard play as far as I can see. I would have done the same and then posted that here too.

I hate these hands so much. At least you have top pair here.

What I'm never certain what to do is if you get to the turn or river unimproved with that hand. Keep betting anyways? The villians I play with usually will just about always bet the moment I change to a check.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:38 PM

The c-bet has more implications than this single hand. If players see you doing it a lot, and play back at you, it gives you an opportunity to make a lot of money the times they aren't c-bets.

This hand is played fine, with a read I fold the river. Without one I call.