Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 01-21-2006, 06:47 AM

Default Did I play this well or lose bets?

I guess I'm wondering whether or not I got too cute with this, or played it well, or really botched it while trying to be tricky, etc. Obviously this seems to have worked well, although in hindsight with my opponents holdings I was going to get a substantial pot regardless. I probably should have raised PF (was end of my first orbit at the table)...I'd appreciate any and all comments on all streets.

On the flop the first check I was thinking there's no way this gets checked through, so lets see what everyone has. When it got back to me, I really didn't wanna send 3 bets at UTG+1, MP1, and 2 more to MP2 (who could have been betting a myriad of hands.) I could have capped at the end and gotten everyone to call I'm sure, but at that point I felt it worthwhile to keep my strength hidden, and since it's my first orbit (I knew a couple people at the table, none that were in the hand tho) I figured I'd just blend in with the fish for a bit.

On the turn, I wasn't dying to send 2 BB to MP1 and MP2, but at that point I couldn't risk everyone calling 1 BB. I should thank MP2 for making me an extra 6 BBs.

On the river the cat is out of the bag of course, I have to bet.

Party Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 29 BB

(O yeah, MP2 had 6c4c, button had KhTh, and MP1 was completely insane playing Td9s)
Old 01-21-2006, 07:39 AM

Default Re: Did I play this well or lose bets?

bet the turn and expect button or MP2 to reraise so you can 3 bet. I dont want this getting checked though and I do think that MP2 and Button will at least call and probably raise.

Battler

ps dont post results when you post as that will skew the replies......but I always like it when the OP posts a later reply with the result so I can see how much my hand read sucked [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2006, 10:39 AM

This is basically okay. A few things to think about:

1. Slowplaying flopped flushes is generally wrong, but it's okay when you have the nut flush.

2. You should strongly consider leading the turn. After all that flop action, your wake-up lead will hopefully confuse people into putting you on a turned TP. Generally, when you flop a flush, passively call the flop, and then check-raise the turn, the gig is up. So if an opportunity arrives to toss out a curveball, you might take it.

3. Not betting the river would be a crime against humanity.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:01 PM

Yeah I don't usually post the results, but considering I hit a straight flush on the river I thought it was pretty obvious that I pulled this one out (and if I didn't I'd probably be crying in BBV right now.)
Old 01-21-2006, 02:08 PM

on the flop: with that crazy of a table, I think you should cap when you get the chance. you have a pretty strong hand, with a pretty strong draw.

turn: lead and let them raise for you.

river: open fold. You are toast.