Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 07-27-2006, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Poker Superstars 3, 7-24

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Watching Gus play in that final qualifying round was one of the most interesting matches I have ever seen. He knew what he had to do, and he did it...his strategy, to me, was brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a little too easy to be results oriented though. I mean, in the dark? Why all in, in the dark?

[/ QUOTE ]

He wanted to establish that he was going to gamble so none of the others would put him all-in first. Once he won that first pot then he was always playing for the other people's lives. Most of the table wasn't willing to call him, some likely not even with AA, and if even people like Antonio, who didn't need any points but wanted to move up, is going to fold A8s against him he'll easily steal more than it will cost him to play.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:07 AM

Wait wait wait, you're telling me that on Poker SuperStars 3 two players ended up ALL IN??! And this was preflop??!

Jesus Christ, all in bets are so exciting, and they both did this PREFLOP? God how could I have missed this. Will they be replaying this at some point? I won't be able to sleep until I see it. Can I get it on DVD?

All in's preflop on TV poker, man, that's like the moon landing and the Berlin Wall coming down all at the same time.

No more text after this!!!

<font color="white">POKER SUPERSTARS 3 SUCKS GIGANTIC HORSE C0CK</font>
Old 07-27-2006, 07:35 PM

All in in the dark is pretty rare. And it happening to Phil H. made it very entertaining. But yeah other than that your right watching short stack poker is not super entertaining. The heads up portion might be a bit better.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:58 PM

I haven't watched Poker Superstars for a long time, but I happened to catch 10 minutes of this episode the other day. It was amusing how Gus made an absolute mockery of the show with his repeated blind all-ins.

These all-in-festival poker shows on tv are horrible. I don't know how any of you manage to enjoy it.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought this was one of the better episodes. Really, everybody at the table played well.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not hard to play well when the blinds are an hour away from eating you alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it is. We have a whole forum devoted to how one can play well in this situation. You really think everyone there is an expert SNG player?

I think the tournament format makes it an interesting strategy game. The players have to think differently than they would in a "normal" tournament, even one with very fast blinds.

I do find PSI much less interesting once it gets past the round-robin stage, because then it just turns into another random high-blind tournament, and those are a dime a dozen.

I like HSP the most of any poker show, because I enjoy cash game play and deep-stack play. But I think PSI gets less credit than it should for generating some interesting situations and forcing good players to adjust their thinking.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:39 AM

I like Poker Superstars, the structure is fast but I enjoy watching the poker personalities. (Lederer is one of the better commentators as well)