Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 06-28-2006, 01:26 AM

Default $114 ITM - considering alternate lines

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t200 with t25 antes (3 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t3420)
SB (t8457)
BB (t1623)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises to t600</font>, SB calls t500, BB calls t400

Flop: (t1875) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">SB bets t400</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t1200</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t7832 (All-in)</font>, Hero?

Villain (caddy96596) is a fairly active player who may be capable of pwning me here, and I think has seen me get caught stealing a few times. I'm thinking flatcall the flop, or push the flop are both preferable to the raise I made. My raise is good for a complete steal that I have no problem getting away from. But my hand very well might be good here. I hate to get pushed out like this.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:35 AM

Default Re: $114 ITM - considering alternate lines

im thinking of folding the flop. no need to get caught here especially with ur reads and his stack. plus shortstack only has 1k left. fold is the clear option here.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:48 AM

Well, you certainly can't call can u? You can fold and still be comfortably infront of the smaller stack, so that's what I would do.

As for your re-raise, this is very tough. He's leading out into two people and folding leaves u in good shape stack wise. So, that's probably what I do here. I know it's weak, especially with SB's increadibly small bet, but I think that's what I'd do.

Re-raising is an option, but it's costing you a lot of your stack when you're wrong. So, if you don't like a fold, I'm thinking I might bluff call in this spot, athough usually only use this in HU pots. If he checks the turn I push, if he fires again I fold.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:08 AM

Sheesh. I honestly didn't even notice he was leading into two people. DUMB. I think calling might still be ok, see if it slows him down. But pushing bad, and reraising like I did, probably bad.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sheesh. I honestly didn't even notice he was leading into two people. DUMB. I think calling might still be ok, see if it slows him down. But pushing bad, and reraising like I did, probably bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. fold or call, reraising puts you in a bad spot now that hes shown even moderate strength.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. fold or call, reraising puts you in a bad spot now that hes shown even moderate strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

calling here is completely horrible IMO. we gain absolutely nothing from it.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im thinking of folding the flop. no need to get caught here especially with ur reads and his stack. plus shortstack only has 1k left. fold is the clear option here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-28-2006, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

calling here is completely horrible IMO. we gain absolutely nothing from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

we're getting 3.5:1 from the pot to call with 2 overcards that are probably good, not to mention slowing down villain and stealing the pot if we missed, all without having to put our stack in with A high on the flop. i think a lot of players on this forum see that they are ITM vs a big stack and big blinds and think "we dont have anything, fold" when they ignore the HUGE odds we are getting and the subtle benefits of playing the hand.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:29 AM

Fold. If you think he does this gay minbet with a very wide range with lots of air in it go ahead and push. Your scared little minish raise is no good. I don't like calling at all. "3.5:1 from the pot to call with 2 overcards that are probably good" does not sound very tempting to me.

But basicly, just fold. There is a minibubble going on here and shorty just threw away 525 of his 1623 chips
Old 06-28-2006, 12:53 PM

Your flop play is pretty much the single worst move you could make.

Shove is not good, but way better. Fold and call look reasonable. I think I peel cause I'm a station.