Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2006, 03:06 PM

Default PSA - Bet your sets!!! [basic, LC]

Please consider this a public service announcement for the micros. This morning I'm going through my hand reviews from last night's session and this hand pops up in my records. Now Lord knows I love having idiots like this at my table but for the love of Shania don't play like this! I promise you this donk thought he was being tricky and advanced.

Ultimate Bet 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: ObjectLesson is in CO with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO <font color="#CC3333">ObjectLesson calls</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, ObjectLesson checks.

Turn: (2.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">ObjectLesson bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds.

River: (5.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">ObjectLesson bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 7.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG doesn't show.
UTG+2 has Jc Jd (two pair, jacks and sevens).
ObjectLesson has 5s 5d (full house, fives full of sevens).
Outcome: ObjectLesson wins 7.70 BB. </font>

Four flippin' opponents on the flop and he can't find the value bet in perfect position. I guarantee at least two to three calls here because it looks like a positional bet to steal the pot and everyone might come along. This bet will not scare anyone with any semblance of a hand. Bet! Bet! Bet! Instead this donk checks it through and loses a minimum of 2-3 small bets. The only thing that would have made this a better lesson is if he had lost the hand as a result but that didn't happen.

At this level simply bet your good hands and the fish will come swimming. Avoid the temptation to indulge in FPS like this donk and improve the health of your BB/100. Thanks for listening.[/rant]