Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2006, 02:56 PM

Default Ed Miller DVD Review

I got my DVDs yesterday and watched the reading hands video and scanned through the other ones. As mentioned in the other thread, the sound does have and echo, the graphics are cheesy, and the lighting is dark. With Ed's black hair, it blends into the background so well you can't tell where it ends.

The quality of the information is what I paid for though and I think it is very good and worth the price of the videos. I have been playing alot of live poker in the last 4 months and came to many of the same conclusions as Ed. It is good to know I am on the right track.

I do want to point out two things that I noticed. The first one is his delivery. There seems to be unnaturally long pauses in his delivery and then a burst of information. I took it as he was reading off of a prompter and the prompter could not keep up so he would have to wait for it. He also had the Stevie Wonder body and head sway going on. Not to say he should be stiff, I just thought it was funny.

My last point is about the info. I would like to hear his thoughts on the other possible outcomes of his examples. He is the best that I have seen so far but I want more. What I mean is, in his examples he would say that when you bet or raise the other players will fold. It has been my experience that they WON'T fold, so how does this change your plan. He does mention it in a couple of his examples but not all. His examples also seem to lack an ample number of players seeing the flop, turn and river. I play in Reno and see 6-10 players on the flop 5-7 on the turn and 3-4 on the river ALL THE TIME. They will even call multiple bets cold pre-flop. I was in a hand Sat. were I raised UTG, UTG+1 reraised, UTG+2 re-reraised and MP1 capped. 4 other players called cold. The winning hand was a K high flush. He showed K4 of diamonds for a rivered flush. He was MP3 and cold called a capped pot. The players regularly call 2 and 3 bets cold because everyone else did. It makes for huge pots that even I call 22-1 shots with.

Agian, I think the videos are very good and look forwarding to watching them 20 more times.