Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2006, 01:51 PM

Default Re: WTH....Ask JRussell About Snowboarding, Drinking, and Polygamy in

Hi jba,

"The beer is 3.2, but you can buy cocktails that are stronger. You can also get straight vodka/whiskey/teqiula/whatever shots in clubs (almost all bars are "clubs")."

You can get straight shots, but every place I've been to has the metered dispensers on the bottles and you get exactly 1 "true" shot per drink. If you know of places that don't use the metered dispensers please let me know! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

"You can't just sign a list. In order to become a member you must give ID and pay a membership fee, which typically will be $20/year or $5/week. If you are a member, you can "sponsor" up to four guests/night by signing them in."

You are correct here. I was thinking about clubs that have a cover charge. Part of the cover charge is your membership fee so you don't realize you're paying one. If there is no cover charge then you would have to pay a membership fee along with signing a list.

Also, restaurants seem to be exempt from these laws. They can serve beer, wine, and alcohol without making you officially become a member (no fee and no list to sign).

"I haven't been back in a while, but are you telling me american bush is closed??"

No, I believe American Bush is still open, but ironically they are also a g-string/pasty club now. AFAIK there is a fairly new state law which prohibits fully nude strip clubs.

"I've never heard this and I'm almost positive it isn't true. I had quite a few friends whose fathers' had a very high status in the church (bishops, stake presidents, etc) who ended up in places like colombia, russia, africa, etc. Also, stateside missions are often filled by missionaries with higher health risks or a perception that they will have difficulty picking up a foreign language and are generally not highly regarded. And they would never send you anywhere even remotely as dangerous as Somalia."

You are probably right. This was more of a joke written in response to another's post about multiple wives.

Feel free to correct me on any of this stuff. I've only lived here for about 4 years so I definitely don't know it all. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]