Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2006, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Who is Next/Exclusive?

See here's the thing with that, most of the people showing up from the same IP address would be people who ARE NOT cheating, as the people colluding with large bankrolls could do a much better job. Say having one cable internet, one DSL, one T1, along with some Verizon Broadband. If you have a large enough bankroll to afford the 1k buyin, you certainly have the resources to invest a few hundred a month running a few different accounts in order to greatly increase your ability to cheat.

If Stars were to start closing accounts at the slightest suspicion of problems, then they'd get Prima's repuation of trying to steal money from their players. I'm not saying that Stars is handling things perfectly, of course they're not. But I do believe that it is a bit more difficult than some people are making it out to be.

While I'm posting about this drama, why the outrage over coaching? Maybe I'm just naive, but how big of an advantage is it really? I mean sure the coach is probably a better poker player, but they don't really have any reads on the other people, they aren't going to be as "locked in" as someone who's been playing well for hours, probably not as focused because it's not their tourney to win, etc. It just doesn't seem to be nearly the advantage that it's made out to be, that's all.