Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: the proof is in the pudding

[ QUOTE ]
i just ate some pudding

that being said i'll lay 3:2 as well for $5k if you want more action.

[/ QUOTE ]

there aren't 100 bettable football games left this year.

however, for next year, i will happily book your bets if:

1) you offer me my expected rate of return, compounded over the betting period--i earn 300% per season. we are looking at 3 to 1, not 3 to 2.

2) the choice of games is in my control.

3) the security of my capital is not in doubt. your uncle frank is not a secure venue.

4) i have recorded win rates as high as 70% and as low as 57%: we must settle on a minimum acceptable rate. everybody experiences variance, i refuse to lose money on a variant year.

5) we must arrange a means to keep my selections secret till after post time; this means, the selections are not published AND they are not available to those betting against me. this would require a third party of impeccable credentials, or a repositor who receives the selection within some fraction of time immediately prior or after the game starts. i will NOT accept any arrangement that permits others from using my selections to defray the cost of their wager.

to put it bluntly, i'm gonna take your [censored] money; and i'm not going to accept a proposition that puts the other guy in a win/win situation. this is the bottom line: i will NOT put money at a risk/rate of return lower than my annual compounded rate. but, then, since no one can select a win rate as high as i have claimed, you are guaranteed of a successful wager, aren't you? there shouldn't be any issue with it, i wouldn't think. so, these are my terms.

-c