Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Late in a tourney, I\'m dealt 9 9

So here's another one. Might be a fairly easy for most of you but I still need to ask. It's a $3.5r MTT with a prize pool of $5.5k. I'm 9/23. The starting field was 630 and the tourney has been running for ~4h. I've been up for 16h and tired to say the least.

Blinds are at 4k/8k with 600 antes. Table is 8 handed. I have 170k and villain has me barely covered. I've been recently moved to the table and have played 8 hands so far.
We're ITM but I'm playing for a top 3 finish, otherwise I don't care if it's $35 or $100

One hand prior to this I had T T and raised to 32k and took down the pot PF. No hand converter sorry.

<font color="#666666"> I'm dealt 9 9 in MP, it's folded to me. I raise to 16k and folds to villain in BTN. He re-raises to 56k, folds to me.</font>

Is it an easy fold here or do you call/push? Note the fact that I was the chip leader 15-20 minutes ago but a bad run of cards has taken ~70k from my stack and I want to make a move here to get some chips back but still, is this the hand to do it with? I know it's hard without any reads but give me something here. Villain hasn't played a single hand yet so no reads.