Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2007, 07:38 PM

Default Re: this is your war on drugs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If people want to do away with prescriptions altogether I see the "war on drugs" as basically a peripheral issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they're not related, then why was Paey's home raided by a paramilitary swat team used for drug enforcement?

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

Here we go again. I didn't say they weren't related.

[/ QUOTE ]

You confused me with this:
[ QUOTE ]
No, at least for me, when people refer to the "war on drugs" people are referring to Nixon's declaration in 1971, the establishment of the DEA in 1973, laws and court rulings such the forfeiture of assets established by law in 1978, the rise of the Columbian drug cartel in the 80's, the interdiction efforts of the US government during this time period, etc. Don't think this really has that much to do with US government regulations on medicine, how medicine is practiced, and the designation of which drugs should be issued by prescription. The "war on drugs" to me anyway is more about government efforts to stop illegal drug use and how they've encroached on individual rights.

[/ QUOTE ]

And many other comments that seemed to imply you think of prescription drug enforcement and other drug enforcement as two different issues. My mistake.

But given that you are now saying that *are* related, I'm basically confused.

natedogg