Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Re: AA turn spot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
please c/r the turn.. what does he have that beats you here?? 77/88? He won't show up w/ a 2 ever here and he rarely has 88/77 here because most 7.3PFRs won't raise 88/77 in UTG+2.

my guess is TT+ like 95%+ heavily weighted to KK/AA

[/ QUOTE ]

Acctually I have played c/r turn but I think its mistake and better would be bet/call turn.

He makes to hot action at PF and he dont cap PF so its not so probbaly AA/KK/QQ. I guest it could be FD but not sure.
I have tendency to overplay my big pocets [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
He has set 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bravos' point was that the guy's range is heavily skewed i.e 95% likely to be big PP's, since he raises only 7.3% of his hands. So, the guy had a set of 8's...You are being results orientated playing the hand any other way than what has been suggested, which is long run -EV.

You did make a decent point though that he didn't 3bet PF, which could possibly eliminate AA and KK and maybe QQ. But this doesnt make any difference in regards to why check raising the turn is the most EV play. You are ahead here based on hand ranges 95% of the time so you gain more bets by check raising the turn. So, if your saying he's got jacks (which is a decent read), then why wouldn't you want to check raise the turn?