FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2007, 12:06 PM

Default B&M, flopped bottom set

$3-5 blinds, stack sizes:
Hero $500
V1 $600+
V2 $500

Game is pretty loose, any raise to $25 or less likely to get called by any limpers. V1 young asian fairly new to table and I'd figure to be a solid player. V2 is new also, doesn't seem to do anything out of the ordinary.

I limp from early/mid position with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. V1 raises to $25 and I complete the action with 5 players seeing a flop:
2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

checked to V1 (preflop raiser) and he bets $75 into about $130 pot. V2 thinks a while and calls. All fold to me (last to act) and I raise to $250 straight. V1 thinks for awhile and folds. V2 folds right away (I caught a glimpse of a Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] as he mucks, assuming he had QJo).

V1 asks if I at least had a set, claims he folded QQ.

If that was true, any thoughts of what I could've done to double up? Or is check-raise a good option with that $$ in the pot while holding bottom set? I probably would've called V1 but with V2's $$ I felt it was OK to raise.

I also thought leading out for $60 to $75, based on V1 he might've at least called or played back at me (ideally).

I tend to play tight and usually if I'm in a hand post-flop I at least have a draw. After playing with me a while good players usually peg me for having a hand. I'll usually pick a spot or 2 to make a play during a session once people have me pegged. Only if some $$ in the pot and it's worth my while.