Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Fictitious play for multi-player games

ah ok know i get it...

well this is why multiplayer games suck!

basicly the other guy acts irrational... he is punishing you (and himself) and rewarding the folders so acutally de NE still holds because he is acutally giving up an edge...

so i think this is pretty much a case of implicit collusion because he has the ability to punish you...

you can deviate from the NE to gain upper hand again but then it goes into that "he thinks that i think" game...

the point of it is though that he cannot use it to gain more EV! he is giving it up no matter what you do, but its also costing you more than him. he basicly has the power to move your EV to others

i think this is an important lesson that you can put yourself into a position where you cannot win just because another player wants it to be like that

maybe one should calculate the version if you thighten up a bit and the other is max. exploiting you and compare your EV to the one where he is spite-calling you

my intuition says that your EV if adjusting and beeing maximaly exploited is lesser than if you get spite-called