Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2007, 11:36 PM

Default Re: The Worst Strategy You\'ve Overheard at a Table

I love poker...

I'm debating starting a new thread for bad internet chat-box logic. Dear God, I've heard horrible stuff from players to justify fish-like behavior.

For instance, I just cracked out of a tourney with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and a board of 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] SB fires out for 100 (blinds are 25/50) and I smooth call with my trips/top kicker.

Turn comes 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and he ships it all in. I call with my monster, and the villian rolls over 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] And of course, since I'm playing on Pokerstars... The River comes J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and I throw up on my laptop.

I got the immortal "Dude, I flopped a monster draw, and I knew I was going to get there"