Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Also.....use Stop/Loss limits to control steaming

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I just ran $84 up to $10k plus in a period of 8 days. Clearly I was using some aggressive bankroll management, but I wouldn't say that I did anything that was outright reckless with the exception of buying into a $200NL table for $80 with a bankroll of $84 at the very beginning (you have to start somewhere and I'm unwilling to play micro stakes). Even this wasn't that reckless because I wouldn't be bothered by losing $80 bucks.

I would play a level with as long as I had more than 2 buy-ins for it. If I a buy-in or more I would just drop back down. For instance, I was playing $400NL with $1250 and lost 2 buy-ins. After this I dropped back down to a $200NL table with a full buy-in and one $20 HU sng at a time. I played these until I got back to $600 and then played 2 200NL tables + with either a $20 and $50 HU sng going at the same time.

Lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

2 buyins!!?!?!
man youre a lucky mf.

Seriously I regularly drop 2/3 buy ins on people hitting some odd hand on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I regularly drop 2/3 buy-ins also. The thing is I never had all my $ in play and when I was playing very short I always had $20 or $50 HU sngs running. For me the competition at this level of sng is very weak. I can usually win these things they don't take very long to play. If I lost money in a cash game over a period of time there was a good chance that I would have HU sngs profits to compensate. To make an analogy to investing - cash games were the risky part of my portfolio with a high return, while the HU sngs were the low variance low return part. I can't get the high return on the HU sngs because once I get to the $100 level my edge with respect to the other players decreases substantially.

Lucky