Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Stars Microrazzament

[ QUOTE ]
The 4th street call was the raise no one bothered to put in, so it's a wash.

On 5th the raise irritated me and I called.

On 6th, I had the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought this thread was going to be about a tournament!?. I want my money back! In spite of this I will comment on the hand. 4th st is really interesting to me because the standard play is to fold here (as Rusty explained) and vs. solid players it will be marginally -EV to call, even getting in for cheap. The fact that you feel it should have been a complete bet on 3rd st which you would have called isn't relevant since you get a 2nd chance to decide what to do. It's like if someone slowplays AA in HE and I have 33, villain bets into a QJ3 flop and I fold b/c had he raised PF I would have folded.

I'm not sure if hero had a note on seat 5 as being horrible, but it's pretty common to find horrible players in razz esp. at 0.50/1 and below. So hero may have made a marginally bad call on 4th, but stuck it out in a hand where she was rewarded handsomely by villain's 4BB nuclear meltdown on the river. Call me results oriented if you like, but just knowing that this possibility exists should encourage you to stick in hands longer in marginal situations to get paid off by the donks.

Now on 5th st, listen to Rusty....