Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Another common spot with AK

[ QUOTE ]
I usually just call and see the flop. MP reraise of UTG is pretty tight no matter how you look at it if he has any clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Corsakh so what do you do when you miss 66% of the time? I am guessing c/f but that seems like a huge spew of cash over time. Heres the thing with calling from my perspective. Most of the times you miss so you lose your initial investment. Othertimes you hit, you get a c-bet from villain and there goes the hand. Othertimes you hit and you get no action from villain as his QQ or JJ are now scared. Sometimes you just trapped AQ and can probably take a sizable pot. Lastly, you hit and are still dominated and lose your stack. So either you lose a little most of the time, win a little sometimes, win a stack Id say once in a while but definitely less than the first two scenarios, and sometimes you lose huge. Even assuming that when you stack villain counteracts when villain stacks you, the first scenarios put you in the red. Sorry if this sounds confusing, Im not sure how else to put this.