Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to bring everyone down this morning but I am very worried about global warming. I've been reading some articles on it. This thing is happening fast and will affect all of us. Personally I'm very troubled by it. Did you know my part of the country got almost no rain at all this past spring and summer? It was really disturbing. Seriously, no one bothered to mow their lawns the ENTIRE summer. The rivers and creeks were so shallow by late July that you couldn't push a canoe through them. My friends went canoing and had to literally carry the canoe down river for most of the trip. Are we doomed as my fundamentalist family members claim?

On a lighter note, this picture (posted by Fishwhenican in the Crazy Chick thread) is making me laugh so hard that I am refraining from weeping in despair

[ QUOTE ]

Or how about Cloris Leachman as Frau Blücher in the same movie?

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehe [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Thanks Fish! You Loungers are the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so you know that picture is not of Cloris Leachman as Frau Blücher. The caption should go with the picture below that text in the other thread. Yes, i am a nit at times but I sure am glad you liked the picture. Kind of makes my day considering I have to go to my daughters "Sweet 16" Birthday party this afternoon. I am not sure I would admit it to my family but I am not sure I am ready for my baby girl to be 16.

Global Warming. I certainly am no expert and it seems like the "experts" cannot even agree on this thing. Personally I htink the earth goes through cycles naturally. Ice Ages, warming and all of that. The earth has seen a lot of changes over time. Example, I have snail shells that I picked up off of the ground a few years ago when I was elk hunting up in the mountains at roughly 8000 feet above sea level.

Does that mean we should just ignore things and not try to at least be good stewards of our environment, no I don't think so. I do what I can to be green but know I could do more and have also thought about what I can do to be more "Green". I really want to get solar and wind power set up for my house but that whole cost barrier is kind of getting in the way right now. Some day though, I want to get "Off the grid" and be able to cleanly generate all the power I need for my house.