Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2007, 07:03 AM

Default 10-20, fold or call down?

Sorry this is a lot of reading, but I try to group together decisions at similar points in hands to look for patterns/try to tease out why a call may be good in one spot but not another.

10-20 in AC.

Hand 1: Villain (BB) in this hand has clearly establish himself as not good at poker. He limped 23s UTG, then called when it was 3-bet back to him. He also limped J2s UTG. He's aggresive post-flop and been caught bluffing a few times in the 90 minutes he's been at the table (but also pulled in some big pots). He also bet out/3-bet when he hit an a-high one-card flush on the river. He's basically a bad lag.

3 limps to me on the button with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I call. Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB checks. Villain in BB bets. Fold. Solid MP calls. Fold. I call. SB folds.

Turn Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Villain bets, MP calls, I raise, Villain calls, MP folds.

River T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Villain donks. I?

Hand 2: UTG+1 limps (seen him limp once so far in his few orbits at the table, and it was 32s, saw him raise and it was AK). I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] next in. Villain from hand 1 CCs (as he does on 50% of my raises) in MP. LP (ok, but losing LAG) 3-bets. Blinds fold. All call. 4 to flop for 13.5SB.

Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Check, check, check to LP who bets. UTG+1 calls. I call. MP folds.

Turn T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Check, check to LP who bets. UTG +1 folds. I call.

River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check, LP bets. I?.

Hand 3: Now I'm on a serious heater for the past 30 minutes including raising pre-flop and winning the last 3 hands. The villains from hand 1 and 2 hate me and are glaring at me.

9 handed right now. UTG folds. I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in UTG +1. Villain from hand 1 (sucks) CCs again in MP. Villain from hand 2 (also sucks but not as bad, has CC with JTo and QJo so far) also CCs in LP. Blinds fold.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I bet, MP calls, LP calls.

Turn 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I bet, MP calls, LP raises, I call, MP calls.

River 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Check, Check to LP who bets. I?.

I appreciate all comments. Particularly interested in the river decisions and if they are close. And also comments on other spots in these hands that look bad.

Thank you very much for input.