Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* Ohio State @ Michigan Thread (11/17/07)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The bad news (for you) is the Les Miles era might be beginning.

[/ QUOTE ]

It probably doesn't get any worse than this. Even if Les is the biggest luckbox donkey moron -- and I concede he very well may be -- it probably can't be much worse than this. We'll finish unranked for the 2nd time in 3 years, we lost to a I-AA team, we're headed to the Champs Sports Bowl, we're 1-6 against Tressel, and it's clear the program is way behind OSU. So yeah, I mean, I guess Les could really bottom us ala Notre Dame, but I really don't think this is "bad news". It can't get much worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna save this post on my favorites for 5 years from now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, like I said, maybe Les take us down even further. Okay? We're not really a top 15 program anymore. Maybe Les completely [censored] up the program and we fall to Notre Dame like depths. I guess that's worse than the status quo, but I think it's apparent now how far behind OSU we are -- and it's clear that the situation wasn't getting any better with Lloyd as coach.

So go ahead and save this post for as long as you'd like, as I'm not sure what it's intended to demonstrate. Does it get linked to when a Miles coached team puts up 90 yards of total offense against Ohio State, when Miles finishes unranked 2 out of his first three 3 years, when Miles goes 1-6 in his first seven tries against OSU, or when Miles loses to a I-AA team? Maybe when Miles coached players beat up some innocent kids on St Patrick's Day, then get invited back on the team the following fall? Maybe when Miles's gameplans are laughed at for their predictability by their I-AA opponents?

I guess Miles could start [censored] up games against Sparty. Credit to Lloyd, he usually has his teams ready for Michigan State (at least by the 4th quarter). So yeah, if Miles gets the job, loses to 1-AA teams, finishes unranked 2 out of 3 years, goes 1-6 against OSU, and *then* starts blowing a bunch of games against MSU, then link to this post, as he'd have made things demonstrably worse.

And who can forget the MAC schools. Lloyd always had us ready for the Directional Michigans and their MAC brethren. If Miles gets the job and starts losing to MAC teams, then again, link to this.