Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Police kill Polish man @ Vancouver Airport

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It was just lazy policing. Rather than take the time to subdue him, the police thought they could zap him and get out of there quickly. He was a big guy and the police didn't want a physical confrontation. I can't say I blame them. Death by taser is very rare. If the man didn't die, this would have been a non-issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's not an non-issue. Their improper procedure is completely unforgivable and their blatant use of uneccessary force should result in
severe punishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it wasn't improper procedure. The Polish man did not follow the officer's instructions (he didn't place his hands on the counter) and exhibited assault like behaviour by throwing computer equipment around earlier. This is grounds for non-lethal use of force. It is up to the officer's discretion on what to use. I don't think the RCMP were out to get anyone here.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, it was improper prodedure. The police have many physical procedures available to subdue an individual prior to using a taser. Tasers are meant to be last resort porcedures. The only procedure above tasers is the use of a firearm.
This was nowhere near a firearm situation.
And yes we hopefully can assume that the police were not out "to get somebody" (let alone kill somebody) but for whatever reason they made a huge mistake and they must be held accountable.
Canadians are going to accept nothing less!