Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What percentage of guys could you beat in a fight?
0-10 37 6.25%
10-20 51 8.61%
20-30 81 13.68%
30-40 58 9.80%
40-50 45 7.60%
50-60 49 8.28%
60-70 70 11.82%
70-80 74 12.50%
80-90 31 5.24%
90-100 35 5.91%
Dunno / Show results 61 10.30%
Voters: 592. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: party vs stars difference

[ QUOTE ]
You denied that I addressed that immediately after I answered your question. I mentioned that a sample of 100 11-out draws would very likely be conclusive for some types of patterns. I stated that more hands would be required for other types of patterns which differ less from random. That's about as specific as I can get when you still haven't specified what patterns you claim are so obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are playing games here. The point of my question is that you are not likely to procure enough hands to prove or disprove anything.

See if you can at least do this. Determine how large a sample of hands you would need to prove that PStars provides a fair game in limit holdem from deal hand conclusion.

In other words, start with the assumption that PStars does not provide a fair game, then set out to prove that assumption false. Addressing this issue should be close to a trivial matter for a mathematician such as yourself.

To say that I am not taking an honest position when you are not willing to honestly address my request for sample size requirements is laughable. You have put yourself in a no-win situation, and you know it.

Regarding your request for a wager, you need to address the following:

What is the maximum you are willing to wager?

Are you willing to place your end in escrow?

Are you willing to commit to writing the terms of any such wager?

In what country do you live?

What are the terms of the statistical test you would propose?

FYI: I am undertaking a change of residence over the next week or so. As such, my ability to respond in a timely manner may be disrupted. But rest assured, I will not abandon this little chat.

BTW: I highly doubt that you are a mathematician. I can believe that you are a mathematics hobbyist, though. In my book, a PhD. in mathematics is the threshold requirement for proclaiming oneself a mathematician. I know several, and you my friend fall far short of the calm, logical, inquisitive characteristics that they all share. You are far too emotional and too willing to avoid my serious questions regarding the needs of any rigorous statistical test. My guess is that you hold at best an undergraduate degree in mathematics and that you are nothing more than a forum showboater.

Address the issues presented above. Take them seriously. I do.