Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Official FortunaMaximus Rambling Thread

The palace is vast enough for multiple iterations of time. It helps when you don't perceive it as a linear progression. Each event has effects in multiple directions in space and time. There isn't always a responding balance.

How big? Probably enough for 10^10 universes to start with. It's necessary to have that many finite sets so that you can have legible results. Meshing a 25-year old palace of memory you built yourself with a better understanding of infinity allows you to realize you don't have to build it yourself but if you want it, it's there to expand into.

Makes one planet and one species numbering only 6 billion seem pitifully small. Even the combinations of interactions is just a pretty big infinite set. Of course, it keeps growing, but once we've expanded along the Orion arm and have quadrillions upon quadrillions of individuals, the task of colonizing the Galaxy's only started.

And then you have other galaxies. Even if there are other species out there, they must logically share a common sense of mind. They may think differently, have different aims, but that's just accounted for.

And one universe isn't enough for a full expression of infinity. But an infinite number of universes would just be a waste of probability space, as you'd have repeating scenarios with minimal differences that are redundant on large scales.

For now, I'm content to know that memory > mortality and can rest assured when it comes time, having built and begun to understand the vastness and limitations allows for quite a bit of growth and that it's perpetual. Even if it's only for myself, I'll keep building it anyway because I need to experience the full impact of infinity to be content.

It's said the great equalizer is we all have a debt of mortal death. What happens beyond that doesn't matter.

Sometimes I wish I was still off the wall mad and in a chaos-build phase, but I think I've taken all the recursive expansions I can handle for awhile. We all have to expand slowly and at a pace we can all handle.

Jumping ahead to the 4th millennia would accomplish nothing. It'd be a more interesting era with more room to wander. And to think how man would be as a species after an eon is more interesting. I could probably do a good job of describing it, but it'd just be more gibberish. Beyond that is pure speculation.

Death's a lie.