Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Playing in reraised pots

I suck at playing in reraised pots, and since moving up to NL100 I've noticed people are reraising more than AA or KK preflop. With the pot so large, it is usually all in on the flop or turn depending on raises, and I am often lost on whether I should commit or not. Generic hand examples:
Loose villain opens to 4bb in the c/o, I repop to 14bb out of the sb with 99. Flop comes out:
2h8hJd
If I lead out for a psb and he pushes, he could be doing it with a draw, or he could easily have a J, and I have no idea. If I 1/2 pot, he could see it as weakness and raise with most anything, same for check/calling. Or:

Villain raises to 4bb utg, I make it 12bb on the button with AA, 1 caller. Flop comes out
5h6d7d
He checks. Do I bet? Do I call a raise? What if I have something like 99 or TT?

Obviously, it is easier against straightforward opponents and harder vs tricky ones, but it is hard to know what an opponent does in a reraised pot, since you see them less often, so I have to make a decision for my whole stack with less information. Any tips or tricks would be helpful, or if there is a post on 2+2 that is useful (I checked the SSNL sticky and didn't see anything) please link it.