Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Why I Hate Missouri -- You Should Too

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know much about the KU/Missouri rivalry, but why are is Missouri getting bashed for a few classless fans. Doesn't everyone have those?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but some fan groups are clearly worse than others, think Oakland Raiders.

Missouri has a fan group called the "Antlers." They wear dresses for every game and do goofy dances. They call players and coaches in the middle of the night all week leading up to games. They also hold up signs with the phone numbers of players, and their girlfriends.

So far, not all that bad, other than the dresses. They also come up with chants to taunt Nick Collison about his recently deceased grandfather. They make signs making fun of Roy Williams's deceased mother. There's also that time they were playing the Razorbacks and were at the team hotel as Arkansas was arriving with a pig's head on top of their car. They pull all kinds of tasteless crap over there.

And, don't even get me started on their cokehead former coach, Quinn Snyder. Or how they named their basketball arena after a 20-something girl who never attended their university or did anything of note (besides cheat through college leading Missouri to rename the arena).

Or Ricky Clemons who assaulted and choked a girl for not watching Roots with him, and had frequent conversations with the University president's wife who gave him such advice as "avoid dating white women" and hilariously made famous the phrase "them crackas be shakin" when referring to Mizzou administration.

Basically they've won one Big 12 title in it's 12 year history, women's softball. The short man complex makes for some ugly fans.