[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you c-bet this flop.

I dont really like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

c-bet is fine - you'll fold out most of the overcards that would have called the preflop 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain to me why this is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a vulnerable top pair-no kicker in a 3-bet pot that you wouldn't mind taking down now.

- You check the flop, he checks behind, and an A/K/Q/J hits the turn - now what?

- You check the flop, so he puts you on a big Ace that missed and fires a PSB with his medium PP - do you call with your TPNK?

If you occasionally check (with the intention of check-raising) your monster hands in this situation (OOP in a 3-bet pot), then I could see checking here. Personally, I usually c-bet here, but I'm open to arguments for different lines - I'm not trying to say that a c-bet is always the best play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are making the age-old and somewhat tired argument that playing a hand the EASIEST way is the same as playing a hand the most PROFITABLE way.

And the answers to all your questions are, it depends.

But if I bet the flop here, it's probably because I assume that his calling/raising range is pretty damn wide. It's not to fold out overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

also, if we bet when his calling/raising range is wide, then, you would advocate checking when his calling/raising range is narrow. So if we check flop we expect him to check behind his overcards and bet his overpairs. The same goes for turn and river, so we basically give him 2 free cards to suck out on us.... what am i missing?