Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Bonds Responds

[ QUOTE ]
Still questioning their accuracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're questioning the accuracy of statistical fact, and my using the historically recorded statistics and a hand-held calculator to determine AB per HR.

Interesting.

Exactly what are you questioning? You think maybe the NL scorekeepers conspired 30 years in advance to fudge the numbers?

[ QUOTE ]

My theory was that while the league wide run scoring environment was deflated Aaron played the bulk of his games in offensive positive environments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...here's what you said:

[ QUOTE ]

So you would expect the overall HR rate to drop, and the AB/HR of the teams who played in those stadiums to really drop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You expected a drop in HR rate. It went UP.

You also said:

[ QUOTE ]

If you could remove those 3 parks from the equation I think you would see that the league wide AB/HR actually increased slightly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You expected a slight increase....yet when I removed those 3 new parks, the league wide AB/HR rate <u>dropped</u> as compared to the previous 1962-1967 time period.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Jarry Park was one of the top 3 or 4 hitter's parks.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Jack Murphy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I'd have to look at the numbers.

Unlike some folks, I don't advance wild-ass assertions without seeing if they are factual.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But, once again... from 1969-1973, the leaguewide HR rate went DOWN as compared to the leaguewide rate from 1962-1967.....and yet Hank's HR rate, both at home and <u>ON THE ROAD</u>, went up from 1969-1973, during the ages of 35-39, as compared to his rate from age 30-34.

An we are beating this discussion to death.