Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Canterbury drama last night

most things about Canterbury are ridiculous. There are a few people I get along with there but if I go there twice a year (I live 15 minutes from the place) that is a lot. It is full of people that aren't empowered in their lives and take every opportunity against their customers. The customer experience at Canterbury is awful. The rake is ridiculous but all of that pales in comparison to their worst short coming.

They don't have No Limit cash games. (please don't tell me the state doesn't allow it, I know as a matter of fact that they lobbied for that, the original people thought No Limit breaks the players. Most of the people making the rules back then were players that went broke playing big bet poker.) The twin cities can support no limit cash games, that is the stupidest rule. Even if it requires lobbying the state many of the state senators play No Limit.

There is a lot wrong with Canterbury Downs and the people that defend it either haven't seen how things are run elsewhere or don't play online.

The cell phone rule as it is enforced is ignorant, isn't their something silly like no ipods too. I could see this if they had slot machines but they don't. It is just about them trying to gain a little bit of power in their powerless world.

This all comes from the top and in the beginning Randy Sampson listened to the wrong people and didn't empower the right people. When the wrong people left the culture was too much to overcome for the good people that stayed.

Ultimately for me I talk with my feet so I never go there but what a shame, when they first opened their was so much promise.

Didn't the rake go up recently? So basically you are now paying more for horrendous service.