Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Why I Am A Semi-Sociopath

[ QUOTE ]
How about finding the quote where I said or implied this. When you can't find it how about an apology.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and you never said David was a sociopath. You actually said he wasn't a sociopath.

I have the understanding of context necessary to identify the general thrust of a coherent post.

Look, we all know you criticized David because he chose a Bangladeshi over an American on the basis of merit. I grant that "always" is strong, I doubt you'd support an American serial killer over a Bangladeshi Nobel laureate, but your point was pretty clear. You suggested that David should have favored the less-deserving American over the more-deserving Bangladeshi because we should "stick together" and the American is one of "his own." Nobody is going to forget that because you troll it up. Just to refresh the memory, your original posts:

[ QUOTE ]
And even in your (silly) case one can argue that helping the American citizen when a misfortune befalls them is far better than helping someone in Bangladesh that you have no connection with, other than both of you being humans. WE are Americans. We accept the American way of life. We stand together. etc, etc, etc, if you would prefer helping foreigners to Americans perhaps you should move to Bangladesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
This is not an arguement on the value of human life. It is an arguement of priorities. It seems that Sklansky prefers helping others rather than his own even when his own are just as needy as others. He has the right to do that. HIS OWN fight to ensure that he has the right. Yet he prefers not to help them. Yeah he isnt a sociopath. Right.

[/ QUOTE ]

(Does anyone think those last two sentences are anything but sarcastic? Anyone? No, put your hand down vintage, anyone else?)