Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2007, 04:52 AM

Default Re: FTOPS JJ flops a set...[censored] river

[ QUOTE ]
just no?

[/ QUOTE ]

explaining every street is kind of a pain which is probably why zj just went with "no"

but preflop is a standard raise, varying your raise size depending on what your particular preflop hand is will typically lead to you being much easier to play against. this isn't true for all players and some very good/smart players will be able to get away with it, but not me.

on the flop going for a c/r is bad for a few reasons, first of which being balancing -- if we're going to bet a whiff here we should bet a set. actually first should probably have been value. quite simply, people will call with worse (draws, one pair hands), and we need to start building the pot. him checking behind the flop would really suck in terms of our ability to get our whole stack in by the river. so we should bet.

turn c/r isn't a terrible idea but people will take a lot of free cards on this sort of turn with their one pair+straight draw hands, so i think it's better to just bet.

on the river i just think that villian's mostly likely hand is going to be a straight that came from some A/broadway hand, or two pair, and an average player doesn't turn two pair into a bluff there.