Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Isolation play but you play SB and put me on a hand.

The hand was not a set. I do not slow play sets. In fact I consider myself super aggressive. Probably too aggressive (which I'm working on).

However, if you put me on a set then my river bet was okay.

Here are the hands, SB had KQo and called my river bet.

I had QTo and bluffed the river. I do not think it was bad to 3 bet UTG and get him heads up and in position, especially given UTG's range. It turned out I was right and he had 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. But then again is this too loose in this situation? Also, the red flag went up when the unknown SB called me.

I guess from what Yourface (first couple of replies) said I should have thrown in a raise on the flop or turn to actually make my river bluff believable???? This is why I wanted you guys to put me on a hand.

I guess I played post flop really poorly. But because SB called 3 cold preflop, I put the brakes on and played passively. I just called the flop and river since I figured I was drawing to my Q or T (at the time I did not know my Q outs were bad, figured maybe SB had a small PP) and drawing to the gutshot on the turn, which is why I did not put in a raise.

Is my river bluff bad in this situation given the pot size was 10 BBs? I just dont see how SB could call my river bet with K high in this hand, unless like I said I biffed the flop and turn and it made my river bet fake.