Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2007, 09:38 AM

Default Re: Assani vs the StatHeads: Evaluating NFL QBs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
imo, not at all.

Those that saw Manning and felt he was better (kyro, some others) would use DPAR and other metrics to support their arguments while those that felt Brady was the better QB from watching the two could only point to the ZOMG rings yo! argument

[/ QUOTE ]

just recently I got into an argument with Vyse about this, who was only using DPAR. granted he is an idiot, but I'm sure I could find others who did the same thing. perhaps these people had other reasons for thinking so, but the majority of the argument would be based on DPAR or traditional stats.

now, I realize that arguments need to be based on some objective evidence, but that is the rub with QB debates - their greatness and effectiveness is greatly determined by surrounding talent, and we currently have no good way to isolate just their performance

[/ QUOTE ]

when the gap is ASTRONOMICAL, you don't need to say anything else. i said that to you in that thread and you shut up, so i assume you took your rape quietly. if not, i'll be glad to dish it out again.

no one is going to argue chris chambers is better than, well, anyone, and all you need is DVOA and DPAR because he's so bad and the gap is so wide that it's self-explanatory.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, you were the one who stopped posting in that argument

feel free to go ahead and rerape me. I look forward to you saying wonderful things like "You wouldn't use EqA as the sole unit of measurement for how good a baseball player is" again